Indian Recipe – Cashew nut Kheer
Kheer is a very popular Indian sweet recipe. There are a number of popular forms of kheer like rice kheer, sabudana (sago) kheer, seviya kheer, dry fruits kheer etc. Cashew nut kheer is one of them.
It is a very tasty, delicious & mouth watering dessert. Once you eat feel like eating again n again.Cashew nut (kaju) kheer is a healthy & nutritious dish. It is so simple & easy to make.
Cashew nut Kheer is a South Asian rice pudding made by boiling rice, broken wheat, tapioca, or vermicelli with milk and sugar; it is flavoured with cardamom, raisins, saffron, cashew nuts, pistachios or almonds. It is typically served during a meal or as a dessert.
Ingredients for Cashew nut Kheer
1 liter milk
3/4 cup cashew nut soaked in water for 3-4 hours
1/2 cup sugar
3-4 cashew nuts
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
1/4 tsp saffron soaked in 1 tsp hot milk
Making time: 30 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
Shelflife: Best fresh
Method for Cashew nut Kheer
1. Drain the water from cashew nut & make fine paste with some milk.
2. Boil rest of the milk in a pan, stir continuously until the milk is reduced to 3/4 in quantity.
3. Add cashew paste & sugar. Stir continuously.
4. Boil it on low heat until the required consistency is obtained.
5. Add saffron, cardamom powder & mix well.
6. Pour the kheer into a serving boil.
7. Garnish with saffron, almond, cashew nuts.
8. Serve hot yummy cashew nut kheer.
In a South Indian meal, Cashew nut Kheer is served first at any formal or auspicious occasions.