Colaba Causeway, Mumbai – place to go in India
Mumbai in itself is a market place. Its one of those cities, which has everything for the common man and know show to please the rich. Its a Quarantine, you throw the dice and you will either be a part of the Market Place called Mumbai or Thrown out of it. Its the way of life of Mumbai. Its Ruthless yet the prettiest of all. A gala place for the entire year, it has the exceptional months of May and June.
Its the best place for the Shoppers, for there isn’t a brand which you won’t find here. But a word of Caution, there isn’t a World Class Brand whose duplicate Brand is not made here. So while you are shopping here, be ready to be on the heels all the time!
Location : The Heart of the Mumbai City is the Colaba Causeway Market. Colaba Causeway Market can easily be reached by taking cabs. Its the best way to reach the market. Colaba Causeway Market is also near Bandra and the Hanging Gardens. The location of Colaba Causeway Market makes it near to many popular destinations of Mumbai City like the Elephanta Caves and the Gateway of India.
- City Name – Mumbai (Maharashtra)
- Market Name – Colaba Causeway
- Famed For – Silver Jewellery, Shoes and Books
- Language Spoken – Hindi, English, Marathi
- Best Time to Visit – Round the year except the months of June and July.
Shopping Spree in Colaba Causeway :
» Victoria Terminus – Victoria Terminus, made by the Britishers, is still today the Architectural Marvel of Mumbai City. Renamed as Chatrapati Shivaji Terminus, this building still holds attraction to its newcomers. A must watch.
» Prince of Wales Museum – Made by the contribution of the then richies of Mumbai City, this Museum was made in the Honour of Prince of Wales in the year 1914, who was coming to India for the first time. Now Renamed as Shivajis Museum, the Prince of Wales Museum still hold attraction for the travellers and visitors.
» Haji Alis Mosque – Made near the Asias longest Flyover, the Haji Alis Mosque contains the Tomb of Muslim Sufi Saint Haji Ali. Its one of the famous Pilgrims of Muslims and can be visited by all.
Not to be Missed
Nariman Point – The Business Point of India with its skyscrapers has been a point of all its visitors. though you won’t find much of the things here, still its a marvel to see so many buildings touching the sky.
- One of the busiest and easily reachable places is the Colaba Causeway Market. Its easily reachable from the Taj Hotel, The Gateway of India and the Elephanta Caves.
- Bargaining is the best advice you will get while in Colaba Causeway. Haggle as much as you can, you will never end up paying less.
- Colaba is best known for Artificial Jewellery, Indian Shoes and coffee. Its also one of the best places in Mumbai to try out the Maharashtrian Thali ( Mumbai Lunch/ Dinner).