Johari Bazar, Jaipur – place to go in India
India and Indian Markets are all about a lot of noise, with people squammring all over. kids shouting and the shopkeepers entertaining at least 10 people at a time. Its the vibes of the Indian Market which carry the people here. Johari Bazar, the famous Jewelley Market of Jaipur, is the market for buying Jewelry. People of all clans come here to buy Jewellery of all sorts as it caters to all kind of people.
Jaipur, the city also known as the Pink City, welcomes thousands of travelers and visitors. Its a land of desert and beauty. The Sand dunes, the Palaces, Havelis, villages, museums and the local people here bring life to the hundreds of people who come to this city, some even settling down.dazzled by the Cities Charm, people stay here. Colorful clothes, architecture of the havelis, mahals and the color of the people – its one big city with the relics of the past thriving in it.
Location : The famed Johari Bazar is one of the famous Bazars of Jaipur City. It can be easily reached from any point of the City by Cab. You can also take local transportations which come under RSTC – Rajasthan State Transport Corporation.
- City Name – Jaipur (Rajasthan)
- Market Name – Johari Bazar (Jewellery Market)
- Famed For – Gold and SilJewelleryver Jewellery
- Language Spoken – Hindi, English, Rajasthani
- Best Time to Visit – November to February
Shopping Spree in Johari Bazar:
» Hawa Mahal – The Famous Hawa Mahal, is one place to be in for the entire day. The HoneyComb Jalis which pave way for the cool air throughout the year are still an architectural marvel. Draped in red color with the Red Stones, it is one of the best places to be in.
» Samode Haveli– Not very far away from the Johari Bazar is the Samode Haveli. Once the Town house of the Prime Minister of Jaipur, this place is now open for tourists to stay. With Luxurious rooms, its one of the best places in the town to stay – if you want to have a tour of the city.
Getting Dazzled by the precious stones is not a big thing in Johri Bazar of the Pink City. Many get duped by there mearge or less knowledge of the gems which are stones in actual terms. But then, the most precious thing of the Johri Bazar is its Gold Jewelery and the Silverware. These are the things which are in abundance here. Fancy stores with Jewellery of Meenakari work, are lined up in the Johari Bazar.
Not to be Missed
Sawai Mado Singh Museum – The Sawai Singh Museum is one of the identity of the Pink City, Jaipur. With the huge silver urns and the chariots this Museum is a must for every visitor of Jaipur.
- Purchasing Gold has always been a charm of Indian Women. For those coming from other states, its the typical Rajasthani Design which sets them apart.
- Festivals like Deepawali and New Year are big time celebrations. Several Schemes are laid down by the Jewellers at this time. If you like, you can purchase at this time.
- While purchasing Gold, look for the Gold Hallmark which is provided by the Govt. of India as Guarantee of Pure Gold.