Lulu International Shopping Mall – Kochi
Lulu International Shopping Mall is the largest and the biggest shopping mall in India in terms of gross leasable area. It is located in the heart of Kochi city in Kerala state of India. It was developed by Non-Resident Indian Mr. M A Yousuf Ali, a businessman based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE). This shopping mall was opened in 10th March, 2013.
More than a shopping space Lulu opens before you a wonder world with countless entertainment options. The third floor houses an amusement area of 81,000 sq ft with facilities for indoor climbing wall, 5000 sq ft ice skating rink, 5D Cinema, arcade gaming zone, rides, party hall and a 12 lane bowling alley. The nine-screen multiplex in the second floor can accommodate more than 2000 audience at a time. If exhausted, one can go for a delicious break at the food court of Lulu that has nine restaurants and 27 multi-cuisine counters. From the traditional ethnic cuisine of Kerala to original Arabian delicacies the food counters offer many culinary delights to the customers. McDonald’s, the world’s largest chain of hamburger, has opened their first outlet in Kerala here. More than 320 international brands are brought under this colossal shopping space. A huge hypermarket arranged in two floors caters to all kind of customers. And Lulu Celebrate is the complete solution for all your wedding purchases.
A parking space for 3000 cars, 16 pairs of escalators, moving walkways, ATM counters, money exchange centres, baby rooms, ambulance, cab services, and Wi-Fi are some of the other facilities provided in the mall. A 20 storey 5-star hotel, with royal suites and helipad facilities, located next to the mall is another highlight of Lulu. Undoubtedly, Lulu has become the last word for shopping in the God’s Own Country.
Fast Facts :
- Total Retail Floor Area: 17,00,000 Square Feet
- Location/Address: Lulu International Shopping Mall Pvt. Ltd., 34/1000, NH 47, Edapally, Kochi – 682024, Kerala
- Owner: EMKE Group (MD, M.A. Yousuf Ali)
- Total Floors: 5
- Total Multiplex: 9 Screen of PVR Cinemas Multiplex
- Food: 3 Restaurants and 4500 People can take food at a time with 18 multi cuisine kitchens.
- Facilities for Entertainment: Party Hall, Indoor Climbing, Rides, Amusement, 5D Cinema and Arcade Games
- Business Facilities: Foreign Exchange Counters, Banking Counters and much more.
Nearest railway station: Ernakulam North, about 7 km.
Nearest airport: Cochin International Airport, about 27 km.