Mall Road, Shimla – place to go in India
India is a place known for its various colors – be it festivals, celebrations, hills or its people. In this category comes the Markets of India. Different markets, known for different attractions make a camouflage of the place called – Indian Market Place. The Mall is the most popular marketplace of Shimla, a hill station of Himachal Pradesh
Shimla, the Summer Capital of the Britishers, is a place of natural beauty. People from all over the country and worldwide come here to enjoy some of the best adventure s of winters like – trekking, skating, sledging and snow man making. Apart from these, Shimla is also a beautiful to spend the harsh summer months of May and June. The weather is the best in these months. So one can be here to enjoy the nature as well as for taking a break from the hectic life of the city.
Location : The Mall is the main market of SHIMLA. If you are in Shimla, then you can easily take a Stroll to the Mall, as the market lies in the heart of the Hill Station. Mall is easily accessible by walk from all parts of Shimla. Shimla on the other hand can be easily reached by rail, road or air from Delhi and Punjab. The nearest Airport is Jubberhatti which is about 26 kms from the town. By train it can be reached from Kalkaji. From Kalka it is a six hours journey to Shimla covering 103 tunnels.
- City Name – Shimla (Himachal Pradesh)
- Market Name – Mall Road
- Famed For – Souvenirs and Woolen Clothes
- Language Spoken – Hindi, English, Punjabi
- Best Time to Visit – October to February
Shopping Spree in Mall Road :
» Christ Church – Just in the middle of the Mall is the North India s second largest Church. With the stained glass fitted in the Church, its the one of the beautiful places of Shimla to see.
» Scandal Point – The Maharajah of Patiala dared the Britishers by kidnapping the daughter of the Indian Viceroy from this point. From then on, this point is called as the Scandal Point. Always full of tourists, from this point one can see the entire city of Shimla.
» Kali Bari Temple – The Temple of Kali Ma – the Hindu Goddess is known as Kali Bari Temple. Kali Bari Temple observes a passage of hundreds of devotees each day of the month.
- Get your reservations of the air/train and Hotels two months in advance if you going to Shimla anywhere between September to April end. The chances are these will be over-booked.
- For purchasing, do not buy on the first day itself unless and until you are in Shimla for a day or two.
- While Purchasing anything give considerable time to Bargaining. Its the biggest shopping tip you will ever get ( In India) !
- If you are planning to visit Shimla in the winters, then be sure to keep a lot of warm woolens with you.